Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Windows 7 - transparent shortcut icon

This thing removes shortcut arrow icon properly in Windows 7.
First try was to remove the shortcut flag from LNK file types, but there was a problem with it not being able to pin to taskbar, and other explorer related bugs (doubled context commands).
Second was to set the arrow icon to transparent (using shell32.ico), but it only worked till next restart, because there is a bug in Win7 causing 100% transparent icons to cache as black.

So here is an icon (99,9% transparent) with one black pixel in the middle (with 1/255 opacity); practically transparent. And it works just fine for me Wink

Installation
  1. extract ICO to Windows directory
  2. execute REG file, confirm changes
  3. kill and start explorer.exe again / re-login / reboot to apply changes

Attached Files
.rar transparent_icon.rar Size: 809 bytes  Downloads: 615

[Image: kavove-zrnka-lajna.jpg]
Coffee phreak!

Can anyone twol me how to install Windows? I'm a cv writer and my work is going into pending because of corrupt windows.

I highly recommend taking the time to read Grab My Essay reviews before making a decision. They provide valuable insights into the quality of service, reliability, and customer satisfaction.

The transparent shortcut icon is a smart way to save your desktop organized without cluttering your view. It is excellent for maintaining a clean and modern look on your screen. If you need help preparing a clear personal narrative, consider using a professional autobiography writing service for expert help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Transparency can be difficult to achieve with Windows 7 shortcut icons, but it is possible. You may need to build or locate an icon that supports transparency, and then alter the shortcut's icon. Exploring contract law research topics might provide intriguing insights into current legal trends and issues. Topics such as the effect of digital contracts on classical contract law concepts or the function of good faith in contractual agreements provide numerous opportunities for investigation.

Sure, it sounds like you've found a creative workaround for removing the shortcut arrow icon in Windows 7 using a nearly transparent icon with a single black pixel. I have also faced a issue when I design online badge holder image in my computer and at that time i used windome 7. Anyway, Thanks for sharing your solution!

Incredible fix for the transparent shortcut icon issue in Windows 7! This clever workaround reminds me of the creative strategies used by top VC firms in Pakistan to tackle challenges! ??️

Wow, this guide on making the shortcut arrow icon practically transparent in Windows 7 is a game-changer! The workaround with the 99.9% transparent icon is clever and effective. Thanks for sharing such a detailed installation process, Faisal Aftab!